Job DescriptionThe quality Inspector will work closely with the electronic assemblers and test technicians inspecting materials in-line and at receiving.
He or she will perform visual exams and dimensional measurements to ensure technical accuracy for:
• Class 2 and Class 3 soldering per J-STD-001 Requirements
• Product specifications and other contractually required documents
Applicant must possess necessary skills to:
• Maintain a safe, organized workstation.• Accurately read and interpret Bill of Materials.
• Inspect various assemblies including electrical/electronic, mechanical, instrumentation top assemblies, sub-assemblies, cables, harnesses, PCBs, etc.
• Accurately interpret mechanical and electrical drawings including parts lists, schematics, running lists, interconnect diagrams, sketches, specifications, and electronic manufacturing work instructions.
• Properly document non-conforming material reports for both in-house and vendor materials.
• Maintain a good work attendance record including overtime as needed.
• Comprehend basic Microsoft Office skills and navigate through the company’s network system.
• Maintain quality files on data for new material shipments and assist in filing RMA data in files.
• Receive and write-up failure tracking form on customer returned material (for repairs), recording date received and other pertinent information into the RMA logbook. Deliver and notify Support Manager of receipt.
• Other duties as assigned.
The quality inspector has authority to suspend any operation in which he or she is involved that affects quality until proper Authority Notification can be obtained.
Minimum: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Preferred: 2-4 Year degree in electronics or related experience
3-5 Years Minimum Experience working in a related manufacturing position with preferred inspection experience.
Must be knowledgeable (certifications desired) in the following:
• J-STD-001 (requirements for soldered electrical/ electronic assemblies)
• IPC-620 (requirements/ acceptance for cable and wire harness assemblies)
• IPC-610 (acceptability of electronic assemblies)