We are seeking an Senior Design Engineer to join our growing team in the beautiful mountains of NC! This electrical engineering position focuses on development of innovative power electronics designs to solve real-world problems in the realm of power, energy, and thermoelectrics. This position is responsible for product research, technical analysis, prototype development, product optimization, and customizations.
Ideal candidate will have experience in defense systems, data/telecommunications, embedded computing, and/or aircraft systems. He/she should be a self-starter, drawing on proven field experience to design and complete end-to-end power electronics solutions.
The Senior Design Engineer should be creative, self-motivated, organized, and visionary. The best candidate will be a team-player with good verbal and written English communication skills. Cross-team functionality is imperative as this position will be working with engineering, manufacturing, marketing, and support departments.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform product research to determine commercial viability and patentability of new designs
- Seek ways to improve design, cut costs, improve speed, and ensure accuracy on project(s)
- Hold design reviews providing deliverables such as: complete Bill-of-Materials, block-diagrams, schematics, drawings, PCB design documentation, specifications, test data results, and other necessary documentation
- Prepare technical presentations for government agencies, potential suppliers and customers, and investors
- Oversee product development in an organized and efficient manner
- Manage feasibility studies and technical analysis to support new products
- Develop key performance indicators to transition prototypes to production readiness
- Design, build, and test first generation technically advanced products
- Manage/control documentation in a timely, efficient manner following internal ISO9001:2015 / AS9100:2016 procedures
- Other duties as assigned
As part of the Aegis Power Systems’ team, the winning candidate will have access to our full suite of development and simulation software, test tools and equipment, electrical and EMI laboratories, manufacturing support personnel, technicians, and more.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3 Years’ experience in power electronics design
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Proficient with CAD and SPICE design software
- Experience with EMI/EMC mitigation techniques
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills at professional level
- PhD degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience submitting patent filings
- Experience with military standards (MIL-STD-1275, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461)
Job type: Full-time
Location: Murphy, North Carolina
Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Excellent benefits package includes:
• Desirable work schedule
• Medical health insurance
• SEP-IRA retirement plan
• Paid vacation and holidays
• And More!
If you have an ambitious mindset, the drive for a challenging career, an excitement for power electronics, and the required technical background, please submit your resume to:
employment @ aegispower.com
Aegis Power Systems, Inc. has been delivering high-performance power supplies to a variety of industries since 1995. The growth and stability of our company is the result of outstanding employees. Our goal is to provide competitive pay and a well-balanced benefits plan to meet our employee’s needs. We are an equal opportunity employer who values the knowledge, abilities, and strengths that our diversified employees bring to the workplace. Find out more about our family-oriented business in this video: https://youtu.be/A8wEazY_IQM
Please visit our website to see other available positions: http://www.aegispower.com/index.php/about-us/employment