|The Engineering Manager will oversee the engineering department and its activities, as well as oversee product development for power electronics and new initiatives. This position gives technical leadership, mentorship, and direction to engineers and technicians. The Engineering Manager will make recommendations for the department including material purchases, equipment needs, and operation requirements.
The right candidate will have mature experience in AC-DC and DC-DC power electronics, including discrete design and technical understanding of latest semiconductor technologies. The Engineering Manager must be organized, responsible, motivated, adaptable, detail-oriented, and an excellent communicator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.1. Establish and monitor individual and team goals aligning with the Company’s business strategies and objectives.
2. Ensure the department is meeting customer expectations and maintaining good communications.
3. Define, develop, and lead strategic engineering activities, processes, and guidelines. Hold weekly engineering meetings to keep the team up to date.
4. Prepare reports to update President and CEO of department initiatives, progress, and needs.
5. Work closely with the Sales department to ensure accurate quoting process and technical viability of new product.
6. Ensure accurate documentation of processes, according to AS9100 and ISO 9001 standards.
7. Collaborate with necessary department managers to oversee product development cycle, reliability, safety, and parts selection.
8. Evaluate competitive market for product advancement and superiority. Lead R&D research for new product after approval.
Education and/or Experience
Education: Minimum 4-year Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering. Masters’ degree preferred.
Work Experience: Minimum of 10 years' experience in power electronics design. Minimum of 3 years' experience effectively managing people, processes, and projects.
Travel: Ability to travel via car or plane to domestic and/or international destinations.
Other Skills and Abilities• Knowledge of power supply industry, including manufacturability, competitive landscape, customer network, product development, and technical support.
• Key understanding of methods to develop competitive solutions in timely manner with winning pricing that also meets Company profitability needs.
• Independent thinking skills to bring value to strategic goals of department and overall Company.
• Familiarity with military standards for electronics such as MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-1399, MIL-STD-1275 and how they apply to our product.
• Familiarity with industry product regulation such as UL, CE, FCC, and other regulatory requirements.
• Ability to develop targeted project schedules to meet customer expectations and successful product launches.
• Strong leadership skills using thoughtful encouragement to empower engineering team to stay on target with good motivation.
• Attention to detail when producing and organizing digital and analog documents such as spec sheets, quality reports, test procedures, and other vital documentation.
• Excellent verbal, oral, and non-verbal communication skills. Ability to speak English clearly and effectively to communicate with team members and customers.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Outlook, Excel, LT-Spice, and basic internet use.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.
How To Apply