Mechanical Engineer for Power Electronics Summary
Aegis Power Systems, Inc. is seeking a Mechatronics Engineer or a Mechanical Engineer with an understanding of electronics to strengthen and expand our growing power electronics hardware manufacturing business. Candidate must have a strong mechanical engineering background in 3-D modeling, heatsink design, and thermal analysis.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for ensuring mechanical structures meet customer demands as stated in customer contracts. This position works closely with Project Engineers who design the electrical components of customer-specified power systems requirements to ensure that all details meet customer specifications within a defined length of time. The best candidate will be detail oriented, focused on quality and precision, have a tenacity to reach goals, with creative problem-solving and design skills.
Responsibilities• Working knowledge of Solidworks 3D CAD operating system to generate fully developed 3D models of all parts including PWBs, sub-ASSY, and final ASSY models.
• FEA analysis
• Thermal Analysis
• Manage and control proper documentation according to AS9100 standards
• Understand the requirements of the UL1950 or UL60590 and/or Military Specifications as they relate to the design.
• Project Management
• Analyze problems to see how mechanical and thermal devices might yield solutions
• Design or redesign mechanical and thermal devices using analysis and computer-aided design
• Develop and test prototypes
• Work closely with customers and engineering team
• Maintain in-depth technical knowledge of product catalog
• Maintain strong working knowledge of Microsoft office suite, AutoCAD drafting software
• Continual design and cost improvements
• Heatsink design and analysis (conduction, convection, heat pipes, and liquid cooled)
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education, Skills, & Experience• BS in Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, or similar technical field (may be waived with extensive work experience
• Strong ability to understand engineering documents
• Experience with designing mechanical structures for electronics
• 3 years’ industry-related work history with measurable mechanical design or mechatronics experience
• Working knowledge of military, automotive, and telecom standards (vibration, shock, EMI, environmental, etc.)
Compensation DetailsJob type: Full-time
Location: Murphy, NC
Travel: 0-4 times per year for conferences, trainings, or conventions
Compensation: Salary + Benefits
Excellent benefits package includes:• Flexible work schedule
• Medical Health Insurance
• SEP IRA retirement plan
• Paid time off and holidays
Aegis Power Systems, Inc. has been delivering high-performance power supplies to a variety of industries since 1995. The growth and stability of our company is the result of outstanding employees. Our goal is to provide competitive pay and a well-balanced benefits plan to meet our employee’s needs. We are an equal opportunity employer who values the knowledge, abilities, and strengths that our diversified employees bring to the workplace. Find out more about our family-oriented business in this video: https://youtu.be/A8wEazY_IQM
Please visit our website to see other available positions: https://aegispower.com/index.php/about-us/employment