Aegis Power Systems job openings are posted here. Our company offers a unique opportunity to work in a challenging and rewarding career in a small-town setting. Enjoy the pristine mountains and drive to work without the hustle of rush-hour traffic. Our southern hospitality and a familial environment are a great choice for a long term career.
Browse openings, watch a video to learn about our corporate culture, and apply for a position using the form below.
Job Description Summary
We are seeking an Senior Design Engineer to join our growing team in the beautiful mountains of NC! This electrical engineering position focuses on development of innovative power electronics designs to solve real-world problems in the realm of power, energy, and thermoelectrics. This position is responsible for product research, technical analysis, prototype development, product optimization, and customizations.
Ideal candidate will have experience in defense systems, data/telecommunications, embedded computing, and/or aircraft systems. He/she should be a self-starter, drawing on proven field experience to design and complete end-to-end power electronics solutions.
The Senior Design Engineer should be creative, self-motivated, organized, and visionary. The best candidate will be a team-player with good verbal and written English communication skills. Cross-team functionality is imperative as this position will be working with engineering, manufacturing, marketing, and support departments.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform product research to determine commercial viability and patentability of new designs
- Seek ways to improve design, cut costs, improve speed, and ensure accuracy on project(s)
- Hold design reviews providing deliverables such as: complete Bill-of-Materials, block-diagrams, schematics, drawings, PCB design documentation, specifications, test data results, and other necessary documentation
- Prepare technical presentations for government agencies, potential suppliers and customers, and investors
- Oversee product development in an organized and efficient manner
- Manage feasibility studies and technical analysis to support new products
- Develop key performance indicators to transition prototypes to production readiness
- Design, build, and test first generation technically advanced products
- Manage/control documentation in a timely, efficient manner following internal ISO9001:2015 / AS9100:2016 procedures
- Other duties as assigned
As part of the Aegis Power Systems’ team, the winning candidate will have access to our full suite of development and simulation software, test tools and equipment, electrical and EMI laboratories, manufacturing support personnel, technicians, and more.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- 3 Years’ experience in power electronics design
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Proficient with CAD and SPICE design software
- Experience with EMI/EMC mitigation techniques
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills at professional level
- PhD degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience submitting patent filings
- Experience with military standards (MIL-STD-1275, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461)
Job type: Full-time
Location: Murphy, North Carolina
Compensation: Competitive salary commensurate with experience
Excellent benefits package includes:
- Desirable work schedule
- Medical health insurance
- SEP-IRA retirement plan
- Paid vacation and holidays
- And More!
Job Description Summary
Aegis Power Systems is searching for a qualified electronics assembler to join our team for a full-time position with benefits in the beautful mountains of North Carolina!
The electronic assembler will be responsible for quality assembly of product, including hand soldering electronic components. This position works closely with other electronic and mechanical assemblers, test technicians, engineers, and quality inspectors.
The ideal candidate must be capable of assembling electronic components to the following specifications:
- J-STD-001 (requirements for soldered electrical/ electronic assemblies)
- IPC-620 (requirements/ acceptance for cable and wire harness assemblies)
- IPC-610 (acceptability of electronic assemblies)
- Product specifications and other contractually required documents
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe, organized workstation.
- Build various assemblies including electrical/electronic, mechanical, instrumentation top assemblies, sub-assemblies, cables, harnesses, PCBs, etc.
- Accurately interpret mechanical and electrical drawings including parts lists, schematics, running lists, interconnect diagrams, sketches, specifications, and electronic manufacturing work instructions.
- Maintain a good work attendance record including overtime as needed.
- Comprehend basic Microsoft Office skills and navigate through the company’s network system.
- Maintain quality documentation to submit with assemblies to the quality inspector.
- Communicate with teams members in English for both verbal and written instructions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Knowledge of J-STD and IPC-STD soldering requirements (certification is a plus)