Aegis Power Systems offers a unique opportunity to work in a challenging and rewarding career in a small-town setting. Enjoy the pristine mountains and drive to work without the hustle of rush-hour traffic. Our southern hospitality and a familial environment are a great choice for a long term career.
Browse openings, watch a video to learn about our corporate culture, and apply for a position using the form below.
We are seeking an experienced R&D Electrical Engineer to join our growing team on-site in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina! The R&D Electrical Engineer position focuses on research and development of innovative designs to solve real-world problems in the realm of power, energy, and charging technologies. This position is responsible for product development, technical analysis, program management, proposal support, and technical presentations of new technology within a cohort of an experienced engineering team.
Ideal candidate will have experience in power electronics design such as inverters, voltage or current converters, battery chargers, and/or transformers. Candidate should be a self-starter, drawing on proven field experience to develop projects which are successful with our customers or awarded for federally funded grant opportunities.
The R&D Electrical Engineer should be creative, motivated, organized, and visionary. This position requires the ability to engage new technologies which may provide solutions for vaguely defined problems in power conversion and energy storage. The best candidate will be a team-player with good verbal and written English communication skills. Cross-team functionality is imperative as this position will be working with engineering, manufacturing, sales/marketing, and various support departments.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Perform research to determine design viability and potential patentability of new designs
- Review circuit design/schematics/layout, EMI reduction or mitigation
- Design, build, and test first generation technically advanced products
- Support root cause analysis for field issues
- Prepare system layout and detail schematic drawings
- Develop test plans for functional verification of the design
- Support engineering and production teams in troubleshooting and manufacturability
- Seek, evaluate, and propose grants to obtain federal funding for projects
- Prepare technical presentations for internal stakeholders, government agencies, and potential suppliers and customers
- Support creation of proposals to address the needs of various government agencies (to include DoD, DoE, and NSF) in concert with business development team
- Develop key performance indicators and design requirements to transition R&D projects to standard production
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering with 7+ Years’ experience in R&D engineering design OR Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering with 5+ Years’ experience in R&D engineering design
- Ability to obtain/maintain US security clearance (with company sponsorship)
- Experience submitting federal or customer R&D proposals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, PCB layout software, and other key electrical simulation softwares
- Excellent written and oral English communication skills
- Experience submitting patent filings or technology license transfers
- Experience with military standards (MIL-STD-1275, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461) or equivalent automotive standards
Aegis Power Systems, Inc. is seeking an associate-level Electrical Engineer to design, develop, and troubleshoot power electronics hardware. Come join our growing team for an on-site position in the beautiful mountains of North Carolina!
As an Electrical Engineer you will have hands-on input to many aspects of our product development cycle. This position works closely with other engineering team members to design AC/DC, DC/DC, and DC/AC converters and inverters using a variety of power topologies, thermal mitigations, and controls. Further, you will work in a cross-functional setting to gather and provide valuable insight to the feasibility, integrity, manufacturability, and quality of the design output. Our power electronics hardware is integrated to support many robust military systems in real-world applications such as radar, RF, communications, mission computing, battery charging, onboard power, autonomous systems, and more. The best candidate will be detail oriented, focused on quality and timely schedules, and willing to share his/her skills in a team environment to yield competitive and accurate results.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Contribute to deliverables such as: Bill-of-Materials, block diagrams, schematics, drawings, PCB layout, design documentation, specifications, test data results, and other necessary documentation
- Understand and follow assorted industry design standards to ensure product success
- Support design reviews with contributions to improve design, cut costs, improve speed, and ensure accuracy of project
- Effectively use a variety of software, tools, and equipment for design and analysis
- Perform product research to determine commercial viability and patentability of new designs
- Research and specify components to match design parameters
- Manage feasibility studies and technical analysis to support new products
- Record key performance indicators to transition prototypes to production readiness
- Design, build, evaluate and test first generation technically advanced products
- Troubleshoot designs and prototypes to provide failure analysis and resolutions
- Establish and write manufacturing processes for production of hardware
- Manage/control documentation in a timely, efficient manner following internal ISO9001:2015 / AS9100:2016 procedures
- Prepare technical presentations for government agencies, suppliers, customers, and other stakeholders
- Support all of the above in an organized, efficient, and safe manner with clear communications in oral, written, and non-verbal forms
Required Education & Experience
- BS in Electrical Engineering or similar technical field
- 3 years’ industry-related work history (can accept lower if hold a Master’s or PhD degree)
- Experience with military electronics standards (MIL-STD-1275, MIL-STD-704, MIL-STD-810, MIL-STD-461, etc.) or equivalent automotive standards
Aegis Power Systems is searching for a qualified electronics assembler to join our team for a full-time position with benefits in the beautful mountains of North Carolina!
The electronic assembler will be responsible for quality assembly of product, including hand soldering electronic components. This position works closely with other electronic and mechanical assemblers, test technicians, engineers, and quality inspectors.
The ideal candidate must be capable of assembling electronic components to the following specifications:
- J-STD-001 (requirements for soldered electrical/ electronic assemblies)
- IPC-620 (requirements/ acceptance for cable and wire harness assemblies)
- IPC-610 (acceptability of electronic assemblies)
- Product specifications and other contractually required documents
Skills and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a safe, organized workstation.
- Build various assemblies including electrical/electronic, mechanical, instrumentation top assemblies, sub-assemblies, cables, harnesses, PCBs, etc.
- Accurately interpret mechanical and electrical drawings including parts lists, schematics, running lists, interconnect diagrams, sketches, specifications, and electronic manufacturing work instructions.
- Maintain a good work attendance record including overtime as needed.
- Comprehend basic Microsoft Office skills and navigate through the company’s network system.
- Maintain quality documentation to submit with assemblies to the quality inspector.
- Communicate with teams members in English for both verbal and written instructions.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Knowledge of J-STD and IPC-STD soldering requirements (certification is a plus)
The General Assembler job includes assembly of product at the Aegis Power Systems manufacturing facility, including mechanical, wiring, and conformal coating. Attention to detail is stressed to achieve high-quality work. All assemblers are trained at the company facilities or may, from time-to-time, be required to attend outside training.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be able to perform the assigned production procedure to Aegis quality standards.
- Able to manage all aspects of a given task with minimal assistance from other production personnel.
- Must be capable of reading and interpreting drawings for creating wiring harnesses.
- Must be capable of utilizing hand tools, such as electric screw driver, drill gun and soldering iron.
- Work completed must meet IPC-A-610 (training provided).
- Must be willing to work overtime when required.
- A good attendance record must be maintained.
- Practice safe work habits.
- Maintain a safe and neat workstation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
Must be able to lift 75 lbs frequently throughout the day.
Knowledge of mechanical and electronic assembly preferred, but not required.